The Colorado Springs School, a PreK-12th grade school of approximately 300 students and 40 faculty, seeks applicants for postions to begin on July 1, 2016. Founded over fifty years ago, The Colorado Springs School offers a hands-on education with balanced concern for students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical growth. Through superior academics and mentoring, The Colorado Springs School prepares students to think independently and to meet the challenges of a dynamic world with leadership, ingenuity, problem-solving skills, and personal integrity.
CSS prides itself on high student engagement, and its teachers are known for their ability to bring learning to life with project-based units, real-world connections, and student-centered classrooms. In addition to teaching, faculty members are expected to serve as class and club sponsors, student advisors, PLC contributors, and seminar leaders in our fast-paced, active, school community.
The school is situated on one campus. Children’s School teachers (PreK-5) work in self-contained classrooms of approximately 16 students each and are responsible for creating a community of learners in which children develop the skills of self-advocacy and resilience while demonstrating empathy and compassion for others. Classroom teachers plan, implement, and assess outdoor education experiences, language arts, math, science and social studies curricula and work in collaboration with specialists in physical education, drama, Spanish, music, and art. They utilize technology to develop integrated units of inquiry. Classroom teachers also serve as important resources for parents, helping them understand the school’s educational philosophy and children’s developmental needs.
Posting Date: May 29, 2017
Position: Choir Teacher
Description: The Colorado Springs School is looking for a qualified Choir Teacher to teach our 9-12th grade Vocal Ensemble class three days per week for 45 minutes. Student prepare for at least two performances each year. This position begins in August 2017.
- Requirements – bachelor’s degree with an edcucational focus in music and/or education; graduate degree preferred.
- Previous experience teaching vocal music in a high school setting.
- Strong understanding of children’s academic, social, and emotional development. Innovative mindset with strong skills in communication, collaboration, project-based learning, and technology.
Children’s School Teacher
Posting Date: May 17, 2017
Position: Children’s School Teacher
Description: The Colorado Springs School is looking for a qualified elementary school teacher to support and co-teach where needed in grades K-4. This position begins in August 2017.
- Degree in elementary education – bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Previous experience teaching in the elementary school setting.
- Strong understanding of children’s academic, social, and emotional development.
- Innovative mindset with strong skills in communication, collaboration, project-based learning, and technology.
Posting Date: Fall 2016
School: The Colorado Springs School
Position: Private Tutor
Description: The Colorado Springs School is looking for experienced Privately Contracted Tutors who will work collaboratively with families, classroom teachers, and the Learning Specialist to support individual students in a variety of subjects and levels (PreK-5, 6-8, 9-12).
Qualified tutors will work with students on campus during the school day. Tutors usually work with students 2-5 days per week, depending on the need.
Salary: Negotiated with families
- Bachelor’s degree
- Tutoring experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to remediate student deficits and not merely help with homework
- Specialties in math, dyslexia, executive functioning, science, Spanish, and French highly desireable
- Willingness to pay for a background check ($30) and to purchase tutor liability insurance (Educator Protect is the company most of our tutors use)
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to Lisa Hughes, Learning Specialist.
While CSS has minimal faculty and staff turnover, we are always interested in the reviewing the qualifications and experience, of enthusiastic teachers for PreKindergarten through 12th grade. If you are interested in being part of a faculty that engages students through active, hands-on learning and individual attention, please email your resume and references as PDF documents to our human resources department.
Email your resume and references as PDF documents to our HR department.
The Colorado Springs School is an equal opportunity employer.