Founded in 1962, The Colorado Springs School (CSS) is a college-preparatory, day, and international school serving students from preschool through high school. Recognized as the top choice among Niche schools and nestled in the shadows of Pikes Peak, The Colorado Springs School’s distinctive educational philosophy strikes a balance between innovation and tradition.
CSS is a PreK-12th grade school of approximately 330 students and 55 faculty/staff. Founded more than fifty years ago, The Colorado Springs School offers a hands-on education with balanced concern for students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical growth. Through superior academics and mentoring, The Colorado Springs School prepares students to think independently and to meet the challenges of a dynamic world with leadership, ingenuity, problem-solving skills, and personal integrity.
CSS prides itself on high student engagement, and its teachers are known for their ability to bring learning to life with project-based units, real-world connections, and student-centered classrooms. In addition to teaching, faculty members are expected to serve as class and club sponsors, student advisors, and seminar leaders in our fast-paced, active, school community.
The school is situated on one campus with 28 acres.
Short-term Temporary Position Creative Dramatics Teacher
Job Summary: This position will begin in mid-March and goes through the end of May. One day in February is also required to come in and be trained by the current creative dramatic teacher whose position you will be covering. The position is for grades K-8. The position is full-time, Monday through Friday 7:30am to 3:45pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary education or a closely related field. A graduate degree and a track record of successful teaching at the elementary school level are preferred.
- Firm understanding of academic, social, and emotional development
- Innovative mindset with strong skills in communication, collaboration, project-based learning, and technology
- Ability to create a vibrant and positive learning environment
- Experience working with all grade levels K-8, elementary and middle school
- Be a team player that will have a busy day popping around to different buildings on campus while maintaining a level of calm
Required knowledge, skill, and abilities:
- Create a positive and vibrant learning environment for students
- Possess a growth mindset and share their expertise openly with others
- Ability to manage a classroom while teaching a lesson with a group of up to 20 students
- Must pass a background check
The Temporary Creative Dramatics Teacher will:
- Attend weekly meetings for staff members
- Cover recess and supervision duties as assigned to you for all grade levels
- Be ready to transition to e-learning at anytime if there is a mandatory COVID response on campus
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by January 15, 2021.
The Business Manager will be responsible for handling the day-to-day activities of the Business Office. The primary functions of the business manager are to ensure accurate bookkeeping, administer HR policies and procedures for school personnel. As the overseer of personnel documents and accounts, the Business Manager holds policy, procedure, and protocol as its primary responsibility. Working
closely with the CFO, Leadership Team, faculty and staff this position would be instrumental in the day to day operations and general operations of the school.
The position’s preferred qualifications:
- Desire to work in an environment that promotes the education and well-being of children.
- 3-4 years experience in financial accounting with an excellent eye for detail.
- Account reconciliations includes bank operating cash accounts /investments.
- Coordinate reporting & analysis of various financial accounts
- Strong experience in benefits management
- Managing family/student accounts receivables & vendor’s accounts payable.
- Strong background in financial software [Financial Edge], along with record-management.
- Complete timely payroll processing for accuracy, current system Paychex.
- Ensure that human resources policies and practices are clearly articulated, consistently
- applied, and conform to legal requirements.
- Demonstrated capability to build excellent credibility/trust, positively influence relationships,
- and the ability to engage effectively with the Head of School and CFO, as well as the senior
- leadership team.
- Display strong written/oral communication and listening skills with outstanding interpersonal
- Strong personal integrity and awareness of internal controls and accounting processes.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing technology, including Excel to enhance/manage results.
The knowledge, skill, and abilities required for the Business Manager position:
A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred, however, proven success or experience can serve as an equivalent. Advanced knowledge of appropriate software tools ( Blackbaud Financials, & Google products) is preferred. The Business Manager must pass a background check and have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must display and uphold high ethical standards, and possess keen analytical skills and a detail-oriented work style.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references in PDF to Head of School Tambi Tyler at email@example.com.
Position overview: Substitute teachers ensure that learning continues when classroom teachers are absent throughout the school year. For the 2020-2021 school year, CSS is looking to add to its substitute teaching roster and seeks experienced individuals who have flexibility in their schedules and availability to cover classes upon notification. CSS is eager to have teachers with a broad range of experience who are eager to teach in areas where they have the greatest depth of knowledge and expertise. Alignment of subject matter and experience with a specific age group are primary considerations when selecting substitute teachers for assignment.
Given the climate in today’s schools, flexibility and agility are essential qualities that we are looking for in successful candidates. Specifically, teachers who are adept at using technology in the classroom to facilitate learning and have used technology to support learning online are highly sought after.
Qualified applicants should submit to submit a resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be required to complete an employment application and agree to complete a formal background check before working at CSS.
While CSS has minimal faculty and staff turnover, we are always interested in reviewing the qualifications and experience, of enthusiastic teachers for PreKindergarten through 12th grade. If you are interested in being part of a faculty that engages students through active, hands-on learning, and individual attention, then email your resume and references as PDF documents to our HR Department.
The Colorado Springs School is an equal opportunity employer.