Founded in 1962, The Colorado Springs School (CSS) is a college-preparatory, day, and international school serving students from preschool through high school. Recognized as the top choice among Niche schools and nestled in the shadows of Pikes Peak, The Colorado Springs School’s distinctive educational philosophy strikes a balance between innovation and tradition.
CSS is a PreK-12th grade school of approximately 330 students and 55 faculty/staff. Founded more than fifty years ago, The Colorado Springs School offers a hands-on education with balanced concern for students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical growth. Through superior academics and mentoring, The Colorado Springs School prepares students to think independently and to meet the challenges of a dynamic world with leadership, ingenuity, problem-solving skills, and personal integrity.
CSS prides itself on high student engagement, and its teachers are known for their ability to bring learning to life with project-based units, real-world connections, and student-centered classrooms. In addition to teaching, faculty members are expected to serve as class and club sponsors, student advisors, and seminar leaders in our fast-paced, active, school community.
The school is situated on one campus with 28 acres.
Reports to: Head of School
Positions supervised: All admission and financial aid staff.
Education: Advanced degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of school administrative, staff supervisory, and budget management experience required.
Disposition: Energetic and enthusiastic individual with a customer service and marketing orientation who is accessible, approachable, and has a good sense of humor.
Position Summary: The Director of Admissions oversees all aspects of admissions, recruitment, and financial aid and will direct the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure The Colorado Springs School meets enrollment objectives. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven decision-maker, an experienced admission & financial aid professional, and a creative leader in admission, recruitment, & retention. The Director will develop and lead inclusive outreach efforts to draw diverse families to the school and ensure that CSS continues to enroll promising students who both thrive as part of the school community and in turn contribute to the community as a whole. The Director should be a team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, possess superior organization and prioritization skills, and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. She/he will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will have genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff, and administrators and ultimately be able to manage expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Represent CSS and serve as the face of the school to the school and broader community and with prospective families while communicating the mission.
- Engage and inform prospective parents and students about CSS and the benefits of a CSS education on an individual, small, and large group basis.
- Inspire the community to actively participate in admissions events including; individual and group tours, student shadow visits, curricular information sessions, student observations/testing/interview, parent to parent connections, and individual family conversations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including area schools, preschools, consultants, admissions directors, and organizations and create networking opportunities.
- Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to enrollment.
- Oversee and participate in the development of admissions materials, events and marketing practices.
- Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and communications with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family.
- Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
- Oversee the selection process of new students including the work of the admissions and financial aid committees and maintain the school’s historic admissions statistics.
- Lead retention efforts with the senior leadership team and program directors.
- Manage and support the financial aid process and participate in policy decisions, messaging/communications, award review meetings, and efforts with community partners.
- Manage admissions staff including providing clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates: Submit the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Admission Director
- Cover Letter
- Educational Philosophy
- 3-5 Professional Recommendations
Position Overview: The Colorado Springs School seeks an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Registrar to join and be an integral part of their PreK-12 school community. The driving force behind the school’s robust student information system, the Registrar single-handedly performs tasks that are critical to the function of enrollment management from matriculation to graduation. In addition, the Registrar performs a wide variety of administrative duties that support the school’s academic programs including, student rosters and reports, academic scheduling, and course management.
Additional roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Academic management of all current and historical grade reports, transcripts, athletic/community service credits
- Database Manager responsible for system re-sets for the greater school community and provide technical training
- Coordinate high stakes testing, including AP’s, and ACT Aspire with the college counselor and learning specialist
- Coordinate with college counseling individual student course selections and distribution of student records
- Manages the add/drop process during the schools year to ensure timely finalization of class rosters
- Provide annual student information system training to faculty, staff, and administration
- Primary point person for all scheduling and course selection inquiries
- Maintain academic scheduling and classroom rosters
- Daily maintenance of student information system (RenWeb)
- Lead school’s commencement and continuation planning committee
- Troubleshoots all scheduling conflicts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Preferred Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience and a track record of success in a school setting
- Well-organized and experienced with record-keeping and scheduling
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Naviance, and advanced student information systems
- Candidates should either possess or be willing to complete Google Educator Certification - Level 1
- Either possess or be willing to work toward earning Notary status Personal Qualities:
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential material with integrity
- Professional and detail-oriented with a knack for working independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess a collaborative spirit with a penchant for eliminating silos through clear and consistent communication
Qualified Candidates: Submit the following supporting documents to email@example.com with the Subject: Registrar.
- Cover Letter
- 3-5 Professional Recommendations
Position overview: Substitute teachers ensure that learning continues when classroom teachers are absent throughout the school year. For the 2020-2021 school year, CSS is looking to add to its substitute teaching roster and seeks experienced individuals who have flexibility in their schedules and availability to cover classes upon notification. CSS is eager to have teachers with a broad range of experience who are eager to teach in areas where they have the greatest depth of knowledge and expertise. Alignment of subject matter and experience with a specific age group are primary considerations when selecting substitute teachers for assignment.
Given the climate in today’s schools, flexibility and agility are essential qualities that we are looking for in successful candidates. Specifically, teachers who are adept at using technology in the classroom to facilitate learning and have used technology to support learning online are highly sought after.
Qualified applicants should submit to submit a resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be required to complete an employment application and agree to complete a formal background check before working at CSS.
While CSS has minimal faculty and staff turnover, we are always interested in reviewing the qualifications and experience, of enthusiastic teachers for PreKindergarten through 12th grade. If you are interested in being part of a faculty that engages students through active, hands-on learning, and individual attention, then email your resume and references as PDF documents to our HR Department.
The Colorado Springs School is an equal opportunity employer.