- Attended by seniors, senior families, freshmen, sophomore, juniors, faculty/staff, board of trustees, as well as students performing in the band or musical tribute.
- Each 12th-grade family will be permitted eight guests to sit in a reserved family pod. Please confirm a list of names by Friday, May 21, for up to 8 guests, using this RSVP Link. Dr. Melissa Hocate will review guest lists and coordinate the numbers of chairs for your family pod accordingly.
- Highlights include Musical Tribute to the Senior Class, Commencement Address, Presentation of the Roses, Presentation of Awards, Senior Farewell, Head of School’s Charge, Presentation of Diplomas, Processional/recessional music performed by an ensemble of the CSS Band, and Faculty/Staff Receiving Line.
- Livestreaming will be available on the school’s Facebook page.
The school provides boutonnieres for the boys and nosegays for the girls.
Girls: White or cream-colored dress with a modest neckline. Note: The “color” identified as “nude” is neither white nor cream-colored, so it is NOT an acceptable alternative.
- Dresses should not reveal cleavage or have low-cut backs.
- Dresses should be no shorter than just above the knee.
- White or cream-colored shoes are appropriate.
- When choosing shoes, remember that seniors will process from Maytag to the Trianon on the dirt/rock path.
- If wearing a dress, you may want to wear a shawl or light jacket, for students are in the shade on the terrace during the ceremony, and it is chilly in the morning.
Boys: Dark suits, tie, light-colored dress shirt, and brown or black dress shoes. No flip-flops or other casual attire allowed.
Please note: Any student who is not attired within the above guidelines will be allowed to participate only when he/she has changed to appropriate dress.
As part of CSS's continued commitment to mitigating the risk associated with COVID-19, the audience size for an indoor gathering would be significantly smaller than what can be accommodated outside. Consequently, should we experience inclement weather on the morning of graduation, the ceremony could be postponed by several hours or to Friday, May 28, 2021, with a "try again" mentality. Additionally, if further health and safety restrictions are imposed prior to May 27, CSS will be obligated to follow such guidelines.