Parents Association Stewards High-Impact Gifts
- To promote healthy hydration in physical education classes and with athletics, the Parents Association will purchase a new water bottle filler/fountain in the Louise Honnen Tutt Field House. ($3,500)
- To fuel positive school spirit and Homecoming festivities, the Parent Association will provide a budget to next year’s Bonfire and work with Forum to underwrite hospitality and logistical expenses. Building upon the excitement of this first-year student lead event, the Parents Association wants to ensure the event’s success and continuation. ($500)
- To enhance the visual arts program, the Parents Association will purchase oxygen concentrators (20l/min) for the glass torch studio. Previously the department rented concentrators and filled oxygen tanks as needed. This device will reduce the department’s largest consumable expense and allow for year-round student access to glass torch working! ($2100)
- To replace an aging 20-year old kiln, the Parents Association will purchase a pottery kiln with vent for the Art Department. Between three divisions, the Art Department does kiln firings about once a week to produce beautiful 3-dimensional pottery pieces. ($3500)
- To support our robust band program, the Parents Association will purchase the following essential tools to diversify sound and opportunities in music: Conga Stand $115, Folding Bass Drum Stand $115, Set of Concert Toms: (10” and 12” with stand) $475, (15” & 16” with stand) $595, Set of Timbales with stand $350, French Horn with case $1275. ($2925)
- To be inclusive and honor military family’s service to our country, the Parents Association will underwrite eight guests at the Masterpiece Gala & Auction on April 16, 2016. Proceeds from the event will benefit arts and technology. ($1,000)
To show gratitude for faculty/staff at the end-of-year, the Parents Association will present each faculty/staff member with a token of appreciation.
In addition to these recent gifts the Parents Association provides ongoing leadership and volunteer resources to community-building initiatives throughout the year, including the New Family Welcome and Ice Cream Social, Welcome Coffee, Potlucks, Fun Run and Carnival, Helping Hands, Parent Coffee Connection, Faculty/Staff Appreciations, and Garage Sale.
For more information on the Parents Association or to get involved, please contact Jill Richardi, Parents Association President.