Response to COVID-19
This page has been created to update the CSS community and provide resources regarding COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus. The Centers for Disease Control has created this list of frequently asked questions and answers about the new coronavirus.
Our leadership team has gathered and prepared resources to ready our school in response to COVID-19. In all matters of COVID-19, we are following the recommendations of El Paso County Public and the CDC to best ensure the health and safety of our entire community.
This landing page will share updates as they arise and will post past communications for reference. We have begun taking extra measures to clean and disinfect the school. Our leadership team is working on plans for student learning should more action be necessary, as well as monitoring the situation to evaluate any changes to trips and community events.
Please make sure you have reviewed each communication listed below.
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands frequently or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow shirt sleeve
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay home if you’re sick; consult your physician or medical doctor
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Per our usual attendance protocols or to report self-quarantining, please advise Holly Hannum (Children’s School, 719-434-3540), Ann Runte (Middle School, 719-434-3510), and Elena Hall (Upper School, 719-434-3546).
Again, please report your attendance per school protocols.