Create A Lasting Legacy
Have you ever truly considered the impact of The Colorado Springs School (CSS) on your college choice, career path, relationships, or sense of purpose? Were your family’s experiences at CSS life-changing, transformational, or foundational? We invite you to reflect and consider giving back in a meaningful way.
A range of giving techniques are called “planned gifts,” because with thoughtful planning, you can achieve benefits for you and The Colorado Springs School.
“In Susan Barker Day’s ‘70 passing, she left the school an estate gift for scholarships so that many years of future students may benefit from the experiential and educational wonders of our school. Ms. Day’s father, Mr. James Day, was a Founding Trustee of the school in 1962.”
Examples of Planned Gifts
- A Bequest: You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- Stock Gift: You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- Real Estate: You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- Retirement Plan Assets: You can make a gift to the school while passing inheritance to heirs without paying estate taxes.
While you may hesitate to tell the school about it’s place in your estate plans, it is important to do so, especially if you intend to designate your bequest for a particular purpose. Notifying the school will help to ensure that your gift is used as you intend and confirms that the gift’s designation makes the maximum contribution to advancing the school’s mission. The school pledges to keep all such information secure and confidential and to be good stewards of your gifts.
If you have already named CSS in your planning, please accept our gratitude, and please inform the Advancement Office.
We encourage all donors to consult professsionals when they consider the benefits of a planned gift.