Children's School Division Director
A collection of educational resources we’ve compiled for families.
- Build a fort, both inside and outside.
- Set up a store.
- Give them the “junk” drawer and see what they can create or organize.
- Make playdough.
- Cook and bake - children love this! Let kids plan the meal ‘Chopped’ style.
- Start seeds indoors to plant in the garden in May.
- Pudding or sand on a tray to create - children love the tactile feel.
- Read and act out a favorite story.
- Read aloud.
- Listen to audio stories together.
- Set-up a reading nook with a basket of books.
- Play card or board games.
- Create a board game.
- Make art together.
- Play with cardboard boxes or other recycled materials.
- Water-color painting.
- Save your empty boxes and let them create something with it.
- Little Twisters Yoga & Emotional Wellness
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Go Noodle
- OT-Kids, LLC
- Sworkit Kids Workouts
Lunch Time (45 minutes)
Click on the links to go to each website:
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!
- Tour Yellowstone National Park!
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs.
- Play games and learn all about animals.
- Play with fave show PBS characters and learn too.
- Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.
- This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
- This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies.
- Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss.
- Geography and animals by National Geographic.
- Fave kids’ books read by famous people.
- Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc.
- Hands-on elementary science videos.
- Voice-based learning… learn through Alexa.
- Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities.
- Games to get “into the book.”
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- 3 Free Weeks of Maker Stations to keep your children creating at home! Each challenge includes simple instructions using materials around the house, QR code video resources, and a student recording sheet.
PBS Kids Resources
Streaming Video Update
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, PBS KIDS and Amazon are making temporary changes to our streaming offerings to give families more on-demand access to our educational content for free.
- PBS KIDS has begun increasing the number of full episodes available on our station-cobranded streaming video platforms on pbskids.org, the PBS KIDS Video app, and connected TV devices. Eight full episodes of Sesame Street are now streaming on our platforms – up from the usual 4 episodes. Starting tomorrow, eight full episodes of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood temporarily will be available – twice as many as our usual offering.
- Temporarily, Amazon Prime Video has made select episodes from PBS KIDS series available for free. This offering will include 8 episodes of each of the PBS KIDS series on Amazon Prime, making them available to any user for a limited time – no Amazon Prime subscription required. Amazon’s PBS KIDS offering includes titles such as Arthur, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Dinosaur Train, Odd Squad, and Wild Kratts, among others.
PBS Resources for Kids
- How to Draw Your Favorite PBS KIDS Characters Playlist on YouTube
- The PBS KIDS Games app offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere. Learn more about these and PBS KIDS’ other apps here: https://pbskids.org/apps
PBS Resources for Parents
- The new co-branded landing page for PBS KIDS Daily is now on the PBS KIDS for Parents site with a shorter, easier to use URL: https://www.pbs.org/pbskidsdaily.
- PBS KIDS for Parents now has a Spanish version available of the “How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus.”
- The main hub page for Preschool Learning at Home is now up with more content on the way!