Age 3 - Grade 12 January School Preview and Campus Tours:
School Previews and Important Admission Dates
Saturday, January 25, 2014, 1:00 p.m.
3- and 4-Year-Old PreK School Preview:
Thursday, January 30, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
Prospective 3- and 4-Year-Old PreK Playdate:
Saturday, February 22, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
RSVP to contact Susan Kosar,
or (719) 434-3514.
The Colorado Springs School is an independent college-preparatory school for age three through grade twelve students.
A pioneer in developing effective approaches to engage students in the learning process and promote deeper understanding, the school equips its students with the knowledge, thinking and problem-solving skills, self-confidence, and love of learning that will prepare them for college and beyond.
- Strong Academics are delivered through an uncommonly thorough and genuine learning experience - in and out of the classroom.
- Character and Leadership skills are developed as we guide our students toward integrity, kindness and an ability to be responsible for self and others.
- Motivated Students love coming to school and develop a life-long love of learning in an atmosphere that promotes hands-on discovery.
- Authentic Relationships Unveil Each Student's Unique Gifts through small classes, deep faculty commitment, strong parent partnerships, and a range of diverse students.
- An Inspirational Environment, with historic surroundings, committed teachers, and a dynamic learning community, promote intellectual curiosity.
- A Global Perspective is encouraged as we challenge each student to use his or her strong self-knowledge and leadership skills to make a difference in our community and the world. Our diverse student population includes students from overseas.
High Test Scores
Test scores are just one of the many measures of success for students at The Colorado Springs School, whose scores on standardized tests are among the highest in the region. Because we are an independent school, we use the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) for our younger students.
- Our Children's and Middle School students consistently score in the high 90th percentile range on the ITBS.
- Our Upper School students' SAT, ACT and AP scores are consistently among the highest in the region. The average Colorado SAT score is 1695 and the average National SAT score is 1509. The average Colorado ACT score is 20.6 and the average National ACT score is 21.0.
|Class of 2013:
Upper School Profile and Colleges Acceptances
Click here for the Class of 2012 Upper School Profile and List of College Acceptances.
The Independent School Choice
As an Independent School, The Colorado Springs School offers a premiere educational choice to those living in the greater Pikes Peak region. Now in its fifth decade, the school has provided countless graduates the foundation for successful lives in the greater Colorado Springs community and across the nation.
Independent School Parent Testimonials »