Head of School Message: Grateful
Dear CSS Families, Alumni, and Friends,
With Thanksgiving break upon us, I’d like to express my gratitude to our students, parents, teachers, and administrative team for the strong work we’ve done together this Fall. It’s been a busy fall for our students and families and while our work together as students, teachers, and parents is purposeful, in that busyness and attention to our studies, we sometimes lose sight of the larger picture. Recently, I stumbled upon this quotation from Brother David Steindl-Rast and it resonated with me - “In daily life, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.” Pausing in our daily routines, resting, cooking, and spending time with family afford us a timely opportunity to take inventory of ourselves and our circumstances. I, personally, am grateful to be a part of the CSS community. In what other place could I work with such a caring and talented community to help students prepare for a dynamic world?
Some reflections from the Fall of 2018
- Our faculty, from PreK through 12th grade, have explored challenging and engaging material with our students, laying a solid foundation of success for the rest of the year and for the years to come.
- Our MS and US fall Athletic teams worked hard, learned new skills, won some excellent matches and games, and experienced strong support from our community.
- Our Open House & All-School Showcase last weekend welcomed a record number of prospective families to experience our compelling mission, our stellar facilities, and campus, and our exemplary faculty and staff. Additionally, our current families were able to see the talent of our performers, catch a glimpse of what their kids have been up to in class, and see what CSS has in store for them in future years.
- Thanks to the generosity of our parents and donors, we were able to meet our Claremont Challenge this fall, giving us a solid start on our overall annual fundraising goals.
- Our actors are ready to take the stage! The Upper School Fall Play Radium Girls opens this Friday and runs again on Saturday.
No matter what your traditions entail, I wish you a restful Thanksgiving break. You and your family have earned it. Thank you for being part of our community.
All the best,
Head of School
We all just came here to Party! Enjoy this video from the Open House & All-School Showcase featuring the Zamundu Family with CSS Parents Aja Black and Big Samir P’29, P’26, P’24 and their children.