Tuition Lock Program for 2017-2018
Dear CSS Families,
Beginning in the 2017-2018 school year, CSS families who re-enroll by February 15th, 2017 will have their current tuition rates locked with the 2016-2017 prices.
- Children’s School: Returning Children’s School families will lock in the current (2016-2017) tuition rate for the duration of their students’ attendance in the Children’s School (K-5th grade). For a single student entering Kindergarten, this program could save a family as much as $6,477* per student.
- Middle School: Returning Middle School families will lock in the 2016-2017 current tuition rates for the duration of their students’ attendance in the Middle School and the Upper School. For a single student entering 6th grade, this program could save families as much as $2,709*. If a student remains at CSS for Upper School, his/her tuition rate locks for all of Upper School at the rate Upper School tuition was when the student entered Middle School. For a single student, under this plan, the seven years of Middle and Upper School could save a family as much as $16,655* per student.
- Upper School: Returning Upper School families will lock in the 2016-2017 current tuition rates for the duration of their students’ attendance in Upper School (9th-12th grade). For a single student, entering in 9th grade, the four years of Upper School could save a family as much as $5,566* per student.
*Note: Value is estimated based on attendance for all grades in the division, paying full current tuition and compared to increases based on past history at CSS and tuition gradients common among peer schools.
This program represents a tangible benefit for all current families and alleviates the anxiety associated with rising tuition. This program also rewards current families for investing in their children’s future. Thank you for being with us today and going forward.
Do You Have Questions About the Tuition Lock Program?
- Why is the school implementing a tuition lock?
- How is the school going to afford the “costs” of this program?
- What is the difference between a tuition lock policy and a tuition freeze?
- Is tuition locked for new families?
- Do I need to re-enroll by February 15th to lock in my rate?
- Will there be any exceptions for meeting the deadline?
- If I leave and decide to come back to CSS, can I have my old tuition rate back?
- Are fees also locked for re-enrolling families?
- What does this mean for families applying for Indexed Tuition?
- Is the program being implemented school-wide?
- How long will this program last?
- How will the locked rate be applied?
Head of School