Board of Trustees
The Colorado Springs School (CSS) is governed by a self-perpetuating, voluntary Board of Trustees. Its primary responsibility is to hold in trust the school’s future, as well as its present. The Board and the Head of School work in partnership to fulfill the mission of the school. Board responsibilities include ensuring financial stability, establishing policy, hiring, evaluating and supporting the Head of School, establishing a strategic plan, and ensuring the school is meeting its mission and goals. Its work is primarily long-range and strategic.
The Board is also responsible for ensuring that the school operates in the best interests of its students, teachers, staff, and parents. Moreover, trustees must see that the school serves the public welfare, as the school is a non-profit, tax-exempt institution. CSS is privately managed and independent of state and federal prescriptions.
Many trustees are parents of students at CSS; others are alumnae/i, parents of alums, and members of our community at large. The Head of School and one faculty member are ex-officio members.
- Dr. Pio Hocate, P’27, P’20, P’16 - President
- Mr. Kevin Patterson, P’21 - Secretary
- Mrs. Morane Kerek, P’22, P’20 - Treasurer
- Dr. Mike Edmonds
- Mrs. Stephanie Edwards P’24, P’22
- Mrs. Tia Ferguson P’08, P’11
- Ms. Lorraine Leist ‘88, P’19
- Mrs. Heather Kelly P’30, P’27
- Mrs. Lorie Malone P’27, P’22, P’19
- Mr. Mike McGrath P’03
- Mrs. Jill Richardi P’21, P’18
- Mr. Mark Shottes ‘01
- Mrs. Diane Smith G’27, G’25
- Ms. Eva Stefanac ‘00
- Mr. Aaron Schubach, Head of School
- Ms. Nadja Hunter ‘99, Faculty/Staff Member to the Board of Trustees
- Mr. Barron Collier II
- Mr. Larry Gaddis
Other Board Information
Contact the Board
Email the Board.
Duties of the Officers
View descriptions of the Board officers’ responsibilities.